Taste of edinburgh
Collected by Barry Steven Shelby , AFAR Local Expert
17 Main St, North Queensferry, Inverkeithing KY11 1JG, UK
Across the Firth of Forth from Edinburgh, in the town of North Queensferry, the Wee Restaurant has remained a Fife standout for more than a decade. As its name implies, it’s a small spot with just 40 seats, but the close quarters create a...
19 W Register St, Edinburgh EH2 2AA, UK
For many, this is the epitome of Edinburgh: refined, elegant but not over-the-top, Victoriana at its finest with spacious leather-upholstered booths, frosted glass windows and tile murals depicting great Scottish inventors. This venue is just the...
267 Canongate, Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH8 8BQ, UK
With this Old Town restaurant, Paul and Lisa Wedgwood aimed to create their “Perfect Night Out.” Here, guests can enjoy fine dining without the pretention, lingering at tables as long as they wish. The menu is inspired by Paul’s...
36 Shore, Edinburgh EH6 6QU, UK
The King's Wark follows an ancient tradition of hosting guests on this site: King James VI converted an old royal palace and arsenal (a wark is a fortification) into an inn for a pal named Bernard Lindsay. This structure is more recent (it was...
54 Shore, Edinburgh EH6 6RA, UK
Though not widely known, chef Martin Wishart singlehandedly revived Edinburgh’s fine-dining scene. Case in point: Before he arrived in 1999, there were precisely zero Michelin-starred restaurants in the city. Now there are several, including...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall