Taste of edinburgh
Collected by Barry Shelby
17 Main St, North Queensferry, Inverkeithing KY11 1JG, UK
In the port of North Queensferry, the Wee Restaurant sits in the shadow of the famous Forth Bridge, a short train ride from Edinburgh. Small by name and nature, the dining room holds 40 maximum. Owner and chef Craig Wood trained in some of...
19 W Register St, Edinburgh EH2 2AA, UK
For many, this is the epitome of Edinburgh: refined, elegant but not over-the-top, Victoriana at its finest with spacious leather-upholstered booths, frosted glass windows and tile murals depicting great Scottish inventors. This venue is just the...
267 Canongate, Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH8 8BQ, UK
Wedgwood wouldn't feel out of place in San Francisco or Seattle. Smart and easygoing, it has a menu emphasizing local and foraged ingredients: Sea radish (salty stuff) or woodland salad leaves may accompany the chef's creations, like organic...
36 Shore, Edinburgh EH6 6QU, UK
The King's Wark follows an ancient tradition of hosting guests on this site: King James VI converted an old royal palace and arsenal (a wark is a fortification) into an inn for a pal named Bernard Lindsay. This structure is more recent (it was...
54 Shore, Edinburgh EH6 6RA, UK
Here's the best British chef you've never heard of, largely because he eschews shouty TV shows. Martin Wishart has revived the high end of Edinburgh dining since he began in 1999. The proof? Today there are four Michelin-starred restaurants in the...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now