Taste of edinburgh
Collected by Barry Shelby , AFAR Contributor
17 Main St, North Queensferry, Inverkeithing KY11 1JG, UK
In the port of North Queensferry, the Wee Restaurant sits in the shadow of the famous Forth Bridge, a short train ride from Edinburgh. Small by name and nature, the dining room holds 40 maximum. Owner and chef Craig Wood trained in some of...
19 W Register St, Edinburgh EH2 2AA, UK
For many, this is the epitome of Edinburgh: refined, elegant but not over-the-top, Victoriana at its finest with spacious leather-upholstered booths, frosted glass windows and tile murals depicting great Scottish inventors. This venue is just the...
267 Canongate, Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH8 8BQ, UK
Wedgwood wouldn't feel out of place in San Francisco or Seattle. Smart and easygoing, it has a menu emphasizing local and foraged ingredients: Sea radish (salty stuff) or woodland salad leaves may accompany the chef's creations, like organic...
36 Shore, Edinburgh EH6 6QU, UK
The King's Wark follows an ancient tradition of hosting guests on this site: King James VI converted an old royal palace and arsenal (a wark is a fortification) into an inn for a pal named Bernard Lindsay. This structure is more recent (it was...
54 Shore, Edinburgh EH6 6RA, UK
Here's the best British chef you've never heard of, largely because he eschews shouty TV shows. Martin Wishart has revived the high end of Edinburgh dining since he began in 1999. The proof? Today there are four Michelin-starred restaurants in the...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico