Taste of Catania
Collected by Travis Marshall , AFAR Local Expert
Via Pardo, 29, 95131 Catania CT, Italy
One of the most disappointing things about visiting a market as a traveller - particularly one on a cruise ship - is seeing all that beautiful fresh produce and knowing that you can't take it home and cook it. Well, at Catania's fish market you...
302/304, Via Etnea, 95100 Catania CT, Italy
Bakeries abound in Catania, so you’re never far from hot, savory arancini or cannoli filled with rich, creamy ricotta. But if you’re seeking out one the best spots to sample these freshly made treats, stop in at Pasticceria Savia, located just off...
Sicily is renowned for its citrus fruits, especially the Arancia Rossa di Sicilia, or Sicilian blood orange, which is a protected local variety grown in the rich volcanic soil around Catania and other areas. Look for them in season—usually winter...
Via Giuseppe Garibaldi, 361, 95029 Viagrande CT, Italy
The rich volcanic soil around Mt. Etna makes the Catania area one of the island's most fertile spots, with a mineral composition that lends unique flavors to the grapes grown here. The Benanti Winery is one of the original Mt. Etna wine producers,...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Air Travel The Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign