Taste of Catania
Collected by Travis Marshall , AFAR Local Expert
302/304, Via Etnea, 95100 Catania CT, Italy
Bakeries abound in Catania, so you’re never far from hot, savory arancini or cannoli filled with rich, creamy ricotta. But if you’re seeking out one the best spots to sample these freshly made treats, stop in at Pasticceria Savia, located just off...
Sicily is renowned for its citrus fruits, especially the Arancia Rossa di Sicilia, or Sicilian blood orange, which is a protected local variety grown in the rich volcanic soil around Catania and other areas. Look for them in season—usually winter...
Via Giuseppe Garibaldi, 361, 95029 Viagrande CT, Italy
The rich volcanic soil around Mt. Etna makes the Catania area one of the island's most fertile spots, with a mineral composition that lends unique flavors to the grapes grown here. The Benanti Winery is one of the original Mt. Etna wine producers,...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum