Taste of cartagena
Collected by Chris Ciolli, AFAR Local Expert
Calle Jabonerías, 30, 30201 Cartagena, Murcia, Spain
Start with grilled octopus followed by lobster paella or fresh grilled mackerel with romesco sauce at this elegant Cartagena eatery. Finish your meal with a creative dessert like the pineapple sushi with rice pudding mousse. If you can't choose,...
Puerto deportivo de, Paseo Alfonso XII, 30202 Cartagena, Murcia, Spain
Get out of the sun, enjoy the free Wi-Fi and catch a breeze on the portside terrace. Feast on typical local fare like breaded seafood tapas and rice and broth. Grilled vegetables, fish, meat and a good selection of Spanish wine by both the glass...
Calle Carmen, 70, 30201 Cartagena, Murcia, Spain
Established in 1939 by three friends, Bodega Nicolás got its start as a wine cellar serving the public but made its first big profits catering to the war ships that called in Cartagena's port. Sample Murcia’s most famous dish, michirones, at this...
Plaza Condesa de Peralta, 7, 30202 Cartagena, Murcia, Spain
Feast on elegantly plated cuisine—like cuttlefish sautéed with mushrooms and peppers or prawns on seaweed salad—in a cozy setting. For daring diners, there’s a 21st-century oxtail dish or foal kabobs in adobo sauce. After dinner, enjoy drinks and...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna