Taste of Cádiz
Collected by Paul Richardson
Calle San Félix, 15, 11002 Cádiz, Spain
Generally agreed to be the leading restaurant in Cádiz’s old town, El Faro ("the lighthouse") was founded in 1946 and is still run by the Córdoba family. It’s an agreeably posh sort of place, specializing in classic Cádiz dishes like urta a la...
11001, Calle Feduchy, 3, 11001 Cádiz, Spain
Cádiz is more "comfortingly traditional" than "excitingly modern" when it comes to cuisine, so this fine contemporary gastrobar is an exception to the rule. Expect upcycled furniture, young dudes at work in the open kitchen and dishes like octopus...
Calle Corralón de los Carros, 66, 11002 Cádiz, Spain
A timeless classic of the La Viña neighborhood, Casa Manteca’s high-ceilinged barroom is crammed with Catholic knickknacks and fading photographs of matadors. The nostalgic touch is as good a reason to visit as are its famous chicharrones (cured...
Calle Arbolí, 4, 11005 Cádiz, Spain
This lovingly restored sailors' tavern dating from 1956 has much of its original wood décor and marble-topped tables intact. The menu features two of Cádiz’s star products: raw, locally caught tuna and marvelous old Sanlúcar wines like Manzanilla...
Plaza Topete, 4, 11001 Cádiz, Spain
Las Flores, named for the flower-filled square on which it sits, is a typical Cádiz fry-shop where the menu features cazón en adobo, chunks of dogfish marinated in a spicy vinegar and fried in a thin batter. Other favorites include crisp-fried...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles