Taste of Bruges
Collected by Patrick Rogers , AFAR Contributor
Kemelstraat 5, 8000 Brugge, Belgium
Between the bottled selection and draft offerings, you'll have an impressive 300 beer varieties to choose from here. If that sounds intimidating, the genial staff will put you at ease, happily dispensing descriptions of dubbels, tripels, gueuzes,...
Loppemsestraat 52, 8210 Zedelgem, Belgium
Chef Gert De Mangeleer's minimalist dining room at a farm outside the city is one of only three restaurants in gastronomy-mad Belgium to be awarded three Michelin stars. This is dining of the highest order, exquisite and yet utterly earth-bound,...
Zilverstraat 41, 8000 Brugge, Belgium
It feels like you're dining at the house of a wealthy burgher at this just-so bastion of new cuisine charmingly known as the Silver Peacock. Red deer, hare, pheasant and seafood fill the menu, and there's a full tasting menu for vegetarians. The...
Who knows why the French get the credit—because Belgium's fried potatoes are the best in the world. Served in a paper cone, liberally dusted with salt and almost too hot to hold, fritjes are, in a word, addictive. Try with mayonnaise for a bit of...
- 1 Travel Tips How to Get the Best Last-Minute Travel Deals
- 2 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- 3 Travel News U.S. Citizens Will Need to Register to Travel to Europe Starting in 2021
- 4 Where to Go in Summer California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots