Taste of Bruges
Collected by Patrick Rogers
Kemelstraat 5, 8000 Brugge, Belgium
Between the bottled selection and draft offerings, you'll have an impressive 300 beer varieties to choose from here. If that sounds intimidating, the genial staff will put you at ease, happily dispensing descriptions of dubbels, tripels, gueuzes,...
Loppemsestraat 52, 8210 Zedelgem, Belgium
Chef Gert De Mangeleer's minimalist dining room at a farm outside the city is one of only three restaurants in gastronomy-mad Belgium to be awarded three Michelin stars. This is dining of the highest order, exquisite and yet utterly earth-bound,...
Zilverstraat 41, 8000 Brugge, Belgium
It feels like you're dining at the house of a wealthy burgher at this just-so bastion of new cuisine charmingly known as the Silver Peacock. Red deer, hare, pheasant and seafood fill the menu, and there's a full tasting menu for vegetarians. The...
Who knows why the French get the credit—because Belgium's fried potatoes are the best in the world. Served in a paper cone, liberally dusted with salt and almost too hot to hold, fritjes are, in a word, addictive. Try with mayonnaise for a bit of...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local