Taste of Bilbao
Collected by Chris Ciolli, AFAR Local Expert
Camino, San Roke Kalea, 89, 48015 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
Get your fill of home-style Basque eats with a view from this hilltop restaurant and meat-lover’s paradise. Cook your own T-bone steak on a tabletop charcoal grill or feast on local sausages. Fish, vegetables and hearty stews along with Spanish...
Santa Maria Kalea, 8, 48005 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
Traditional pintxos get an international spin in this cozy Old Town bar. Choose from artfully presented small bites like apple crisps with duck in peanut sauce, cheese and zucchini cannelloni and mint vegetable tempura. Just keep track of how many...
Calle Alameda Mazarredo, 17, 48001 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
Let the experts guide you on a prix-fixe culinary tour of Spain at this excellent restaurant. Select its tried-and-true traditional menu, or its daring tasting menu which features dishes like lacquered bacon with liquid pumpkin and crunchy beets....
Barrio de Elexalde, 22, 48960 Galdakao, Vizcaya, Spain
Get away from Bilbao’s busy city center and feast on classic Basque cuisine at this rustic restaurant housed in a traditional family home. Sip wine from the well-stocked cellar and enjoy sweeping views of the countryside and the Romanesque church...
Plaza berria, 8, 48005 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
Find a chair at the bar and order some pintxos, the small-plate appetizers that are traditional bar food in the Basque Country. Pair your selections with a cold beer or a glass of Txakoli, a traditional Basque white wine. For formal sit-down fare,...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local