Taste of Bilbao
Collected by Chris Ciolli , AFAR Local Expert
Artxanda Bidea, 89, 48015 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
Get your fill of home-style Basque eats with a view from this hilltop restaurant and meat-lover’s paradise. Cook your own T-bone steak on a tabletop charcoal grill or feast on local sausages. Fish, vegetables and hearty stews along with Spanish...
Santa Maria Kalea, 8, 48005 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
Traditional pintxos get an international spin in this cozy Old Town bar. Choose from artfully presented small bites like apple crisps with duck in peanut sauce, cheese and zucchini cannelloni and mint vegetable tempura. Just keep track of how many...
Calle Alameda Mazarredo, 17, 48001 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
Let the experts guide you on a prix-fixe culinary tour of Spain at this excellent restaurant. Select its tried-and-true traditional menu, or its daring tasting menu which features dishes like lacquered bacon with liquid pumpkin and crunchy beets....
Barrio de Elexalde, 22, 48960 Galdakao, Vizcaya, Spain
Get away from Bilbao’s busy city center and feast on classic Basque cuisine at this rustic restaurant housed in a traditional family home. Sip wine from the well-stocked cellar and enjoy sweeping views of the countryside and the Romanesque church...
Plaza berria, 8, 48005 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
Find a chair at the bar and order some pintxos, the small-plate appetizers that are traditional bar food in the Basque Country. Pair your selections with a cold beer or a glass of Txakoli, a traditional Basque white wine. For formal sit-down fare,...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum