Taste of Bergen
Collected by Heidi Sarna, AFAR Local Expert
Strandkaien 3, 5013 Bergen, Norway
Locals and tourists flock to the Fisketorget Fish Market to wander among the many seafood stalls. Tempt your taste buds with Norwegian caviar, fish cakes, baked goods and locally made cheese, along with fresh produce such as plums and raspberries....
Vaskerelven 14, 5014 Bergen, Norway
Relaxed and casual with a homey feel—think brick walls, retro armchairs and old-fashioned lampshades—this cozy bar and restaurant in the heart of Bergen offers classic Norwegian comfort food. Especially popular is a dish of fish, lamb or mutton...
Located on a small island just outside Bergen, this elegant venue opens right onto the sea with a backdrop of mountains and fjords. The set Meteorological Menus are based on whatever the ocean happens to be offering that day; it's pretty certain...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now