Taste of Bergen
Collected by Heidi Sarna , AFAR Local Expert
Strandkaien 3, 5013 Bergen, Norway
Locals and tourists flock to the Fisketorget Fish Market to wander among the many seafood stalls. Tempt your taste buds with Norwegian caviar, fish cakes, baked goods and locally made cheese, along with fresh produce such as plums and raspberries....
Vaskerelven 14, 5014 Bergen, Norway
Relaxed and casual with a homey feel—think brick walls, retro armchairs and old-fashioned lampshades—this cozy bar and restaurant in the heart of Bergen offers classic Norwegian comfort food. Especially popular is a dish of fish, lamb or mutton...
Located on a small island just outside Bergen, this elegant venue opens right onto the sea with a backdrop of mountains and fjords. The set Meteorological Menus are based on whatever the ocean happens to be offering that day; it's pretty certain...
- 1 Travel Rewards + Air Miles United Is Switching up Its Frequent Flier Awards Program
- 2 Travel News How to Visit the National Parks for Free in 2019
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Air Travel Finally, Nonstop Flights From United States to Cape Town Are Coming
- 5 Travel News Single-Use Plastics Will Be Banned in Europe by 2021