Taste of Belfast
Collected by Aoife O Riordain, AFAR Contributor
1 Oxford St, Belfast BT1 3LA, UK
OX Belfast recently added a Michelin star to its ever-lengthening string of accolades. This is one of the city's new wave of restaurants that showcase the best ingredients Ireland has to offer, like smoked eel from nearby Lough Neagh with a modern...
34-36 Bank St, Belfast BT1 1HL, UK
This small—but always packed—dining room is where to go for a delicious introduction to the fresh seafood that’s so abundant along the coast. Specials are chalked on a blackboard, while the likes of Mourne mussels, fish cakes,...
21 James St S, Belfast BT2 7GA, UK
Another acclaimed spot on Belfast's culinary map is this relaxed restaurant where Irish ingredients like local cheese, cured sea trout and wild venison are featured on both the à la carte and four- and five-course tasting menus. There's also an...
46 Great Victoria St, Belfast BT2 7BA, UK
Victorian watering holes don't get any more atmospheric than this tiny gem. Virtually every available surface is decorated with elaborate mosaics and etched glass, while the coziness factor is amped up by gas lamps, an elaborately carved ceiling...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022