Taste of Belfast
Collected by Aoife O Riordain , AFAR Contributor
1 Oxford St, Belfast BT1 3LA, UK
OX Belfast recently added a Michelin star to its ever-lengthening string of accolades. This is one of the city's new wave of restaurants that showcase the best ingredients Ireland has to offer, like smoked eel from nearby Lough Neagh with a modern...
34-36 Bank St, Belfast BT1 1HL, UK
This small—but always packed—dining room is where to go for a delicious introduction to the fresh seafood that’s so abundant along the coast. Specials are chalked on a blackboard, while the likes of Mourne mussels, fish cakes,...
21 James St S, Belfast BT2 7GA, UK
Another acclaimed spot on Belfast's culinary map is this relaxed restaurant where Irish ingredients like local cheese, cured sea trout and wild venison are featured on both the à la carte and four- and five-course tasting menus. There's also an...
46 Great Victoria St, Belfast BT2 7BA, UK
Victorian watering holes don't get any more atmospheric than this tiny gem. Virtually every available surface is decorated with elaborate mosaics and etched glass, while the coziness factor is amped up by gas lamps, an elaborately carved ceiling...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum