Taste of Barcelona
Collected by Ann Shields, AFAR Staff
La Rambla, 91, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
As you enter Barcelona's famous Mercat de Sant Josep de La Boqueria from La Rambla, one of the first stalls you encounter is Tocineria Marcos, purveyors of Iberico ham and a stunning array of other cured, cooked, and fresh meats. It's just one of...
Carrer de la Diputació, 249, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
This ultramodern space—part wine bar, part restaurant—has a daunting wine list with more than 3,000 labels, plus a rotating list of 50 that you can try by the glass before committing to a full bottle. Skip the iPad and put yourself...
Ronda de Sant Antoni, 39 - 41, 08011 Barcelona, Spain
Carrer de Balboa, 6, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
“It’s a classic bar, light on tourists and popular with sailors from the harbor nearby. There’s a crisp house lager that they brew right here—ask for a flauta, or tall glass. The tapas are awesome, too, especially the ones with generous portions...
Carrer de Calàbria, 118, 08015 Barcelona, Spain
This casual Left Eixample-area café is where to go for a creative take on Spanish and Catalan cuisine with dishes such as pink “Acquerello” rice made with clams and beet juice. Delicious patatas bravas topped with zorza, the fiery Galician chorizo...
Av. del Paraŀlel, 164, 08015 Barcelona, Spain
The man behind the award-winning molecular gastronomy at el Bulli and his younger brother are the great culinary minds behind contemporary tapas bar Tickets, on Avinguda Parallel in Barcelona’s theatre district. Don’t miss molecular favorites like...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna