Taste of Bar Harbor
Collected by Stacey Zable, AFAR Contributor
2928 Park Loop Rd, Seal Harbor, ME 04675, USA
The only restaurant in Acadia National Park, Jordan Pond House is famous for its popovers and jam, which it has been serving with tea since the 1890s. The restaurant's scenic location overlooks Jordan Pond and the Bubble Mountains. Reservations...
318 Main St, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
American fine dining with a Latin flair is the theme at this restaurant on downtown Bar Harbor’s Main Street. A changing menu of seafood, vegetarian and meat choices are paired with an extensive wine list. Parrilla, the restaurant’s seasonal...
182 Clark Point Rd, Southwest Harbor, ME 04679, USA
Since 1932, Beal's Lobster Pier has offered a place to enjoy Maine's signature dish from its location on a working pier in Southwest Harbor. Beal’s urges guests to "eat, drink and be messy," and a meal here requires plenty of napkins as you feast...
7 Firefly Ln, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Decadently rich homemade ice cream is served at Mount Desert Island Ice Cream's two locations in Bar Harbor—one on Main Street and the other facing the Village Green, on Firefly Lane. Get multiple scoops so you can sample more of their unusual,...
19 Main St, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Geddy’s, on Bar Harbor's Main Street, a short walk up from the town pier, has an extensive menu that includes fresh lobster, local produce, farm-raised beef, wood-fired pizza and burgers, as well as margaritas, local beers on tap and appetizers....
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village