Taste of Antwerp
Collected by Travis Marshall , AFAR Local Expert
Mechelsesteenweg 291, 2018 Antwerpen, Belgium
Beer aficionados know that Belgium has plenty of brews to be proud of, and in Antwerp you can visit the home of one of the best. De Koninck Brewery is the city’s oldest, and visitors can stop by for a self-guided tour followed by a tasting of...
Korte Gasthuisstraat 39, 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium
The name Antwerp came from a myth about a giant’s hand that was cut off and tossed into the river, so the symbol of a hand is the unofficial icon of the city, and thus the shape of the Antwerpen cookie. These butter cookies topped with sliced...
Meir 50, 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium
Belgium and chocolate go together like Tennessee and whiskey, and there’s no shortage of chocolatiers around town worth sampling. But the Chocolate Line is worth a special trip. It’s the storefront of the world-renowned chocolatier Dominique...
Groenplaats 12, 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium
If there’s one food Belgium does as well as—or better than—waffles, it’s “French” fries, although the common name is a mistake since they originated here. At Max Fries Shop, which started as a street cart in 1842, you can sample authentic Belgian...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall