Taste of Anchorage
Collected by Dawn Reiss
1034 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
My first day in downtown Anchorage, I took in lunch at Snow City Cafe. As soon as I entered, I knew I was going to love this place. The ambience is created by an eclectic mix of part diner, part espresso bar, part bakery. The walls are covered...
3300 Old Seward Hwy, Anchorage, AK 99503, USA
This pizza-and-beer joint is a favorite after a long day of hiking. Besides salads, sandwiches and Korean-style chicken wings, there are more than 35 gourmet pizza options, spanning from vegetarian to Santa’s Little Helper with red peppers,...
6700 Jewel Lake Rd, Anchorage, AK 99502, USA
Gourmet food lovers looking for artfully plated food will especially appreciate the selection here, from poached pear salad and beef medallions to Kodiak scallops and wild game. Despite being located in a strip mall near the airport, this...
Drink gourmet hot chocolate or an espresso while eating a rich artisanal truffle or chocolate bar at this chocolate lover’s paradise. Flavors range from traditional milk and dark to smoked salmon and spicy Mayan. Walls painted the color of milk...
737 W 5th Ave #110, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
With a whopping average size of twenty to twenty-five pounds (and fifty pounds being considered trophy size), King Salmon are one of Alaska's crown jewels. The season opens up every year in May, and in Anchorage as well as all over America's 49th...
535 W 3rd Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
This late-night “sandwich pub” recently moved into a larger downtown location across from the Hilton Anchorage and is now open till 2 a.m. There’s a fresh juice bar and a full-service bar downstairs. Known for their panini, their most popular is...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States