Taste of Amsterdam
Collected by Travis Marshall , AFAR Local Expert
Polonceaukade 23, 1014 DA Amsterdam, Netherlands
With its chill vibe, funky decor, warehouse-like interior and spacious terrace, Pacific Parc is a rock 'n' roll bistro with an edge. Situated in a former treatment plant at Westergasfabriek, the café-nightclub on Amsterdam's west side...
Leidsestraat 102, 1017 PG Amsterdam, Netherlands
Many visitors leave Amsterdam with a newfound fascination for Nutella, the hazelnut-chocolate spread that the Dutch put on seemingly every sweet treat. To kickstart your Nutella craze, visit the Ice Bakery, a Nutella-owned bakery that makes...
Prinsengracht 191, 1015 DS Amsterdam, Netherlands
Pancakes are something of an obsession among the Dutch, and few forms are quite so beloved as poffertjes—tiny puffed pancakes made with yeast and buckwheat flour. Head to the Pancake Bakery to sample these sublime puffs with toppings ranging from...
Singel, 1013 GA Amsterdam, Netherlands
Eating raw herring is a right of passage for many who visit Amsterdam. Order yours from the friendly Dutch matrons in blue and white-striped aprons at Stubbe's Haaring, a herring stand with a view on the bridge over Singel Canal, just off...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall