Taste of Alicante
Collected by Brandy Bell, AFAR Local Expert
Calle Villegas, 3, 03001 Alicante, Spain
It can be hard to get a seat in the upstairs dining room of this popular local spot. A better—and less formal—bet is the tapas bar downstairs, where you can people-watch while feasting on small plates paired with glasses of Spanish wines. Alicante...
Parque de La Ereta, s/n, 03001 Alicante, Spain
Majestic views, fine wines and some of the best service in the country are yours to savor at La Ereta. There are only two options to choose from: the tasting menu or the full menu. Whichever you opt for, dishes will likely feature excellent...
Real Club de Regatas de Alicante Muelle de Poniente, 1, 03008 Alicante, Spain
When traditional rice dishes are on the menu along with castle views, you know you can expect a memorable meal. During summer, take advantage of the open terrace and dine alfresco like the locals. This is one of the best places in the city to get...
Calle Belando, 29, 03004 Alicante, Spain
This stylish and decidedly hip gastrobar emphasizes the personality and presentation of their dishes. Spanish recipes are executed with cheeky flair: Think bacalao drizzled with black olive aioli and dotted with rosemary and morsels of chorizo, or...
Calle Canalejas, 9, 03001 Alicante, Spain
Gema Penalva has a reputation for classic cuisine with modern touches and beautiful plating. Entrées range from hearty lentil and octopus stew to their twist on the famous Spanish version of Russian potato salad. (Yes, you read that right!) The...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now