Taste of Ålesund
Collected by Dawn Reiss
Apotekergata 5, 6004 Ålesund, Norway
Situated on the waterfront, this white tablecloth restaurant is part of Hotel Brosundet and known for its seafood. The five- or seven-course chef’s menu is based off the catch of the day, but diners can opt for à la carte. Dishes range from...
Skaregata 1B, 6002 Ålesund, Norway
Enjoy panoramic views of the harbor at this elegant restaurant (don't let the "diner" in the name mislead you) that serves traditional Norwegian fare. The seafood hotspot is known for its bacalao, a stewlike dish that includes klippfisk—dried and...
Apotekergata 10, 6004 Ålesund, Norway
This cozy eclectic coffee and sandwich shop is known for its large selection of freshly baked cakes, hearty sandwiches and other dishes served in a space filled with art, thanks to its affiliation with the gallery Artifex. Surrounded by paintings,...
Parkgata 18A, 6003 Ålesund, Norway
This micro coffee roaster opened in 2011 and is named after the Brazilian jacu bird that flies around coffee plantations eating coffee cherries, the fruits that become coffee beans after being dried and roasted. The sleek, modern café offers a...
Keiser Wilhelms gate 32, 6003 Ålesund, Norway
Part deli, part restaurant, this tapas-inspired establishment is known for its small plates which include antipasto, fried chorizo sausage, duck wings, marinated wild shrimp, olives and bacon-wrapped dates. Buy custom salads that are sold by their...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local