Collected by Amanda Castleman , AFAR Local Expert
799 Poho Pl, Paia, HI 96779, USA
Tiki bar meets restaurant meets the best food on Maui: foodies flock to Mama’s for the freshest, ocean-to-plate dishes in a postcard-perfect setting. It's so locavore that the menu even names the angler who caught your fish that day! Mama's...
845 Front St a, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
This airy oceanfront restaurant in Maui can get crowded; expect a wait whatever time you go. It's popular for a good reason, though—namely, the stellar menu of Hawaiian seafood dishes. The tropical cocktail menu alone merits a visit! Try a...
819 Front St, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
Once a delicacy of Japanese royalty, shave ice went mainstream in the 1920s. The refreshing treat then crossed the Pacific with immigrants—workers bound for the sugar plantations and pineapple fields of Hawaii. Now a classic way to cool down...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May