Collected by Amanda Castleman , AFAR Local Expert
This restaurant at Valtaki Beach is about five kilometers (three miles) from Gíthion. The superb view is punctuated by the striking wreck of the Dimitrios, a freighter that was swept ashore here in 1981. Diners may choose among fresh catches of...
A harborside restaurant that wins fans for its gracious service, elegant presentation and (mostly) reasonable prices. To start, you'll be offered grilled bread that comes with organic olive oil—a nice touch. Calamari, fish soup and fried zucchini...
This rustic waterside taverna is a great spot for meat lovers. Originally a butcher shop with a sideline in souvlaki (that's grilled lamb on skewers), Barba Sideris (Uncle Sideris) evolved into a traditional barbecue restaurant. Try the syglino—...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May