Collected by Amanda Castleman , AFAR Local Expert
This restaurant at Valtaki Beach is about five kilometers (three miles) from Gíthion. The superb view is punctuated by the striking wreck of the Dimitrios, a freighter that was swept ashore here in 1981. Diners may choose among fresh catches of...
A harborside restaurant that wins fans for its gracious service, elegant presentation and (mostly) reasonable prices. To start, you'll be offered grilled bread that comes with organic olive oil—a nice touch. Calamari, fish soup and fried zucchini...
This rustic waterside taverna is a great spot for meat lovers. Originally a butcher shop with a sideline in souvlaki (that's grilled lamb on skewers), Barba Sideris (Uncle Sideris) evolved into a traditional barbecue restaurant. Try the syglino—...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum