Collected by Amanda Castleman, AFAR Local Expert
This restaurant at Valtaki Beach is about five kilometers (three miles) from Gíthion. The superb view is punctuated by the striking wreck of the Dimitrios, a freighter that was swept ashore here in 1981. Diners may choose among fresh catches of...
A harborside restaurant that wins fans for its gracious service, elegant presentation and (mostly) reasonable prices. To start, you'll be offered grilled bread that comes with organic olive oil—a nice touch. Calamari, fish soup and fried zucchini...
This rustic waterside taverna is a great spot for meat lovers. Originally a butcher shop with a sideline in souvlaki (that's grilled lamb on skewers), Barba Sideris (Uncle Sideris) evolved into a traditional barbecue restaurant. Try the syglino—...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos