Collected by Amanda Castleman, AFAR Local Expert
This restaurant at Valtaki Beach is about five kilometers (three miles) from Gíthion. The superb view is punctuated by the striking wreck of the Dimitrios, a freighter that was swept ashore here in 1981. Diners may choose among fresh catches of...
A harborside restaurant that wins fans for its gracious service, elegant presentation and (mostly) reasonable prices. To start, you'll be offered grilled bread that comes with organic olive oil—a nice touch. Calamari, fish soup and fried zucchini...
This rustic waterside taverna is a great spot for meat lovers. Originally a butcher shop with a sideline in souvlaki (that's grilled lamb on skewers), Barba Sideris (Uncle Sideris) evolved into a traditional barbecue restaurant. Try the syglino—...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States