Collected by Amanda Castleman , AFAR Local Expert
This restaurant at Valtaki Beach is about five kilometers (three miles) from Gíthion. The superb view is punctuated by the striking wreck of the Dimitrios, a freighter that was swept ashore here in 1981. Diners may choose among fresh catches of...
A harborside restaurant that wins fans for its gracious service, elegant presentation and (mostly) reasonable prices. To start, you'll be offered grilled bread that comes with organic olive oil—a nice touch. Calamari, fish soup and fried zucchini...
This rustic waterside taverna is a great spot for meat lovers. Originally a butcher shop with a sideline in souvlaki (that's grilled lamb on skewers), Barba Sideris (Uncle Sideris) evolved into a traditional barbecue restaurant. Try the syglino—...
- 1 Longreads The God of Silence Speaks Up
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines to Cut Service to These U.S. Cities—Will There Be More?
- 3 Trending News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 4 Trending News Can Americans Visit Mexico Right Now?
- 5 Air Travel This Airport Just Became the World’s First to Get a Five-Star COVID-19 Rating