Taste Dawson City
Collected by Amanda Castleman, AFAR Local Expert
1026 Second Ave, Dawson, YT Y0B 1G0, Canada
One of Canada’s more curious traditions—the Sourtoe Cocktail—calls this watering hole home. Visitors can belt down a shot containing a dehydrated human toe (mostly donated by victims of frostbite and lawn-mower accidents). More than 100,000 people...
950 Second Ave, Dawson, YT Y0B, Canada
Summer flowers froth on the facade of this charming Greek cantina. Expect a warm welcome inside, along with massive sharing-size portions of dishes like tzatziki, beef gyros and the legendary lamb souvlaki. Got a sweet tooth? Don’t miss the...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights