Taste Dawson City
Collected by Amanda Castleman, AFAR Local Expert
1026 Second Ave, Dawson, YT Y0B 1G0, Canada
One of Canada’s more curious traditions—the Sourtoe Cocktail—calls this watering hole home. Visitors can belt down a shot containing a dehydrated human toe (mostly donated by victims of frostbite and lawn-mower accidents). More than 100,000 people...
950 Second Ave, Dawson, YT Y0B, Canada
Summer flowers froth on the facade of this charming Greek cantina. Expect a warm welcome inside, along with massive sharing-size portions of dishes like tzatziki, beef gyros and the legendary lamb souvlaki. Got a sweet tooth? Don’t miss the...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now