Collected by AFAR Explorer
42 Main St, Hadspen TAS 7290, Australia
After arriving at Launceston airport, pick up a rental car and head to Hadspen’s Red Feather Inn, a former carriage house where the rooms have fireplaces and soaking tubs. Book a candlelit dinner in the dining room or make your meal with the house...
22 Crockers St, Railton TAS 7305, Australia
At Seven Sheds Brewery in Railton, you can enjoy the Paradise Pale ale or the mead, which is fermented with renowned honey from nearby Sheffield. This appeared in the November/December 2014 issue.
289 Tarleton Rd, Tarleton TAS 7310, Australia
At Spreyton Cider Co., pick up the dry vintage cider and ample supplies of beef jerky, local cheese, and “bikkies” (crackers). Then settle under the apple and cherry trees for a picnic. This appeared in the November/December 2014 issue.
Corinna Rd, Corinna TAS 7321, Australia
Blow through Burnie to allow for more time in the woods. When the long stretch of highway turns bright white—it was built from silica rock—you’re almost to Corinna (from $180), a gold rush settlement turned ecolodge on the edge of the tarkine...
330 Mayberry Rd, Mayberry TAS 7304, Australia
Mole Creek Karst National Park, along with the surrounding Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area, offers subterranean streams and pools, plus at least 300 caves. At Marakoopa Cave, you’ll feel as though you’re in mother...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Air Travel The Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico