Collected by Rob Tesoriero
Via Teatro Greco, 98039 Taormina ME, Italy
The Island of Sicily has many wonders. Taormina is a popular resort town on Monte Tauro and has an old Greek Theatre that is still used for performances. The sitting has awesome views of the coast and Mount Etna. I would like to go back and actual...
Corso Umberto, 98039 Taormina ME, Italy
Taormina is an ancient town, with an at-times Bohemian reputation (the writer Harold Acton once referred to Taormina as "a polite synonym for Sodom"). The town sits atop a steep seaside promontory roughly an hour or so south of the port city of...
Via Nazionale, 98039 Mazzarò, Taormina ME, Italy
Taormina is one of the most romantic places I have visited and the beach at Lido La Pigna was not to be missed. I had always wanted to sit on the beach in a cool rented chair, people watching by a gorgeous cliff face. This is the place to do it -...
Via L. Rizzo, 98037 Letojanni ME, Italy
If you find yourself lucky enough to be in Taormina, I recommend spending a day at Paradise Beach Club, in nearby Letojanni. For a flat, per-person rate, you can enjoy unlimited access to the private seawater pool and beach, changing rooms and...
Piazza Fossia, 7, 98038 Savoca ME, Italy
This little village is completely charming and worth a visit on its own, but there's also the Godfather connection. Francis Ford Coppola chose Savoca, Sicily as one of the filming locations for his first Godfather film. The bar where Michael...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles