Collected by Margit
Mt Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
Known as “Everyman’s Everest,” the journey to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro isn’t easy but can be done by almost anyone who prepares and commits to the challenge. This beautiful trip brings travelers through five eco-zones ranging from lush to arid...
Tanzania, ArushaSerengeti National Park
On the eastern edge of Serengeti National Park, Namiri Plains opened in July 2014 as the first permanent camp set up within the Soit Le Motonyi reserve, closed to tourism for two decades, to allow the cheetah population to recover. 45 minutes...
Grumeti Reserves Grumeti Game Reserve, Tanzania
One of the most luxurious tented camps in all of Africa sits on an open plain within Singita Grumeti, a 350,000-acre private reserve that adjoins the Serengeti National Park ecosystem through which vast herds of wildebeest and zebra migrate. Huge,...
Amidst the prolific, majestic baobab trees and huge herds of elephants and buffalo, you’ll find the famous tree-climbing lions of Tarangire. To spot one of these magnificent felines, especially if it is indeed climbing a tree at the time, would be...
Tarangire National Park doesn't have the big-name draw of Ngorongoro or the Serengeti, but it does have plenty of big animals — chief among them, huge herds of elephants that abound in the park during both the rainy and dry seasons. The fact that...
Grumeti Reserves, Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
One of the five lodging options within the 350,000-acre Singita Grumeti game concession, Faru Faru Lodge sits amid dense woodland on the bank of the Grumeti River. Originally inspired by a mid-20th-century botanist’s camp, each...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now