Collected by Vanessa
andBeyond Mnemba Island, Zanzibar, Tanzania
This lodge offers a private island experience with the option of experiencing the Swahili architecture, music, and culture of Stone Town (Zanzibar’s main town, 20 minutes from Mnemba by boat plus a 90-minute drive). Ten high-ceilinged,...
Nungwi Beach, Tanzania
You could easily pick from any number of dive schools on Zanzibar's pristine coastline to take you under the turquoise waters and view its dazzling coral reefs and abundant sealife. But I couldn't imagine being in better hands than with Tammy and...
Matemwe Beach, Matemwe Beach Village, Matemwe 0000, Tanzania
I have heard the mysterious word, Zanzibar, my whole life. After Mt. Kilimanjaro and photo safari in the Serengeti, etc., my son and I kicked back a few days on the fabled Zanzibar Island. While there, we took a snorkeling trip to a small...
Tarangire is great for elephant sightings, for this area attracts hundreds of them with its year-round waterways and lush vegetation. The most memorable part of our visit came well after returning from our game drives. One night, a herd of about...
The Selous Game Reserve is an unspoiled wilderness, the second largest game reserve in Africa, and home to the crocodile-infested Rufiji River whose tributaries and lagoons ensure excellent game viewing even during the dry season. Named after the...
- 1Where to Go in SummerThe Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Summer
- 2Air TravelDelta Just Made Its Economy Seats Bigger
- 3Air TravelHow to Get Through TSA Quickly During Its Busiest Summer Ever
- 4Travel NewsAmsterdam’s Tiny Bridge Houses Are Now One-of-a-Kind Hotel Suites
- 5Travel NewsYou Could Be Denied a Passport if You Have Unpaid Taxes