Collected by AFAR Explorer
While many luxury resorts have embraced the private villa concept, you don't normally see them in wildlife reserves. At Singita Serengeti House, though, you can enjoy the feeling of staying in a private home — there are two suites in the main...
Whether you're up for the adventure of a mobile tented camp, or would prefer a private house staffed with personal chefs, Singita Grumeti is the place for the ultimate safari experience and unbeatable Great Migration views. The 350,000-acre...
Set on a sloping hill overlooking a main section of the migration route, as well as a river and watering hole, Faru Faru lodge offers a unique perspective on the Serengeti. Some of the best places to enjoy the views (especially when wildlife is...
Olare Orok River, Masai Mara, Kenya
Guests can view game from the bathtub of their futuristic orange tents at Sir Richard Branson’s latest African hospitality venture. The retreat opens in August, along the path of the Great Wildebeest Migration. From $590. (877) 577-8777. This...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles