Collected by Layne Tisdel Martin
The 15 tented suites at Sayari Camp are nicely spread out; if you’re staying in one of the outlying ones, as I did, it can be a ten-minute stroll to breakfast. All the more room to enjoy the fixings: rain shower, deep tub, extravagant private...
Stone Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania
As easy as it would be to spend an entire trip to Zanzibar lazing around on soft-sand beaches, it’s well worth skipping an hour or two of sunbathing to see Stone Town, the ancient district of Zanzibar. With its narrow cobblestoned streets,...
Each evening as the sun sets, Stone Town’s Forodhani Gardens park transforms into an open-air food market. Skip the fish kebabs and head straight to the vendors selling urojo, a thick mango-and-tamarind soup served alongside chickpea...
With a simple point & shoot camera, it's really hard for me to choose my favorite photo. We booked our safari with Into Africa, & Dennis Lyamuya was our world-class guide. We remain friends with Dennis 5 years later. The Serengeti was hot & dusty,...
- 1TSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 3Sweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 5How to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer