Collected by William Kiburz, AFAR Travel Advisor
Mt Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
Known as “Everyman’s Everest,” the journey to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro isn’t easy but can be done by almost anyone who prepares and commits to the challenge. This beautiful trip brings travelers through five eco-zones ranging from lush to arid...
Three weeks in Tanzania on Safari with Deeper Africa, the trip was capped off with the summit of Kili—six hours of hiking in the snow and the dark. I could not have made it without the exceptional climb guides and climb team that Deeper Africa...
Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Tanzania
It’s a toss-up between what's more breathtaking here along the rim of Ngorongoro Crater: the sunrise views of one of the world’s deepest and largest volcanic caldera, haven for more than 25,000 wild animals (including the endangered...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles