Collected by William Kiburz , AFAR Travel Advisor
Mt Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
Known as “Everyman’s Everest,” the journey to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro isn’t easy but can be done by almost anyone who prepares and commits to the challenge. This beautiful trip brings travelers through five eco-zones ranging from lush to arid...
Three weeks in Tanzania on Safari with Deeper Africa, the trip was capped off with the summit of Kili—six hours of hiking in the snow and the dark. I could not have made it without the exceptional climb guides and climb team that Deeper Africa...
Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Tanzania
It’s a toss-up between what's more breathtaking here along the rim of Ngorongoro Crater: the sunrise views of one of the world’s deepest and largest volcanic caldera, haven for more than 25,000 wild animals (including the endangered...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Happiest Country Is All About Reading, Coffee, and Saunas
- 2 Travel News “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Where to Go in Spring California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know