Collected by William Kiburz, AFAR Travel Advisor
Mt Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
Known as “Everyman’s Everest,” the journey to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro isn’t easy but can be done by almost anyone who prepares and commits to the challenge. This beautiful trip brings travelers through five eco-zones ranging from lush to arid...
Three weeks in Tanzania on Safari with Deeper Africa, the trip was capped off with the summit of Kili—six hours of hiking in the snow and the dark. I could not have made it without the exceptional climb guides and climb team that Deeper Africa...
Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Tanzania
It’s a toss-up between what's more breathtaking here along the rim of Ngorongoro Crater: the sunrise views of one of the world’s deepest and largest volcanic caldera, haven for more than 25,000 wild animals (including the endangered...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter