Tantalizing Treats in Jo'burg
Collected by Justin Lee, AFAR Local Expert
Satisfy your tastebuds and you cravings for something sweet and delicious from one of these cool places
6 De Beer St, Johannesburg, 2000, South Africa
I'd previously covered Dalea's Eatery from a dessert point of view, and since that time the homely eatery has grown to the point where it's always bustling and can sometimes be difficult to get a place to sit down, especially on Saturdays, but...
Atholl Oaklands Rd & Fort St, Birnam, Johannesburg, 2196, South Africa
My friend and I had won a prize of high tea from a little place in Melrose called Belle's Patisserie. It's arrival at our table was met with oooohs amd aaaaahs from the others seated around us, with many asking exactly what it was. We hadn't...
7, Parktown Quarter, 3rd Ave, Parktown North, Johannesburg, 2194, South Africa
With names like The Naked Mexican, Franky Four Fingers, Van Hunks and Jack Black, you may be mistaken in thinking that you're asking for trouble, instead of asking for a cold one, but worry not as those are just names of the delicious craft beers...
Smit St, Johannesburg, 2000, South Africa
I've eaten thousands of cupcakes before and never seen this flavor. Rochelle of Rochelle's Cupcakes makes the most delicious, moist cupcakes. I love how she inserts an extra layer of frosting in the middle of the cake. And this is the happy medium...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles