Tangier See + Do
Collected by Paul Clammer
Place de la Kasbah, Tanger 90030, Morocco
This is a museum where the architecture is as much of a draw as the exhibits. Housed in Dar el-Makhzen, a former sultan's palace on the edge of the medina, the institution features a traditional courtyard garden and contains exhibits on the...
8 Rue d'Amerique, Tanger, Morocco
This 1821 cultural center is home to the United States' oldest foreign diplomatic mission; it was designated a U.S. National Historic Landmark (the only one in a foreign country unaffiliated with the U.S.). The mansion houses a fascinating museum...
Tangier has a compact medina that's easy to navigate. From the old port, it inches up an incline through a series of whitewashed alleys. By Moroccan standards it's a relative youngster (the fortified casbah dates back to the 15th century). Make...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village