Talkeetna's Top 5
Collected by Marlene Goldman, AFAR Contributor
22248 D St, Talkeetna, AK 99676, USA
Located in the 1936 Territory of Alaska Talkeetna School building, the Talkeetna Historical Society’s museum focuses on the area and its people, from Native Alaskans to those who came for the gold rush, among others. Aside from stories and...
22241 B St, Talkeetna, AK 99676, USA
As the official starting point for expeditions to Denali (or Mount McKinley) as well as to Mount Foraker, the Walter Harper Talkeetna Ranger Station offers permits for mountaineers. For the rest of us, the center serves as an information hub about...
14709 S Frodo Dr, Talkeetna, AK 99676, USA
The glacier-fed waters of the Talkeetna River make a prime setting for aquatic activities like jetboat and float trips. Tour companies offer lazy float trips that take in the scenery and wildlife such as salmon, bears, eagles, moose and foxes....
13764 E 2nd St, Talkeetna, AK 99676, USA
Get a bird's-eye view of the boreal forests around the town of Talkeetna with Denali Zipline Tours. The company offers a three-hour Canopy Adventure Tour that includes nine sections and three suspension bridges with time to linger and photograph...
14373 E 2nd St, Talkeetna, AK 99676, USA
The Denali experience rises to new heights with a variety of flightseeing tours that venture near the 6,194-meter (20,322-foot) summit. Local aviation companies have several different flight packages at different price points to choose from....
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now