Talkeetna's Top 5
Collected by Marlene Goldman
22248 D St, Talkeetna, AK 99676, USA
Located in the 1936 Territory of Alaska Talkeetna School building, the Talkeetna Historical Society’s museum focuses on the area and its people, from Native Alaskans to those who came for the gold rush, among others. Aside from stories and...
22241 B St, Talkeetna, AK 99676, USA
As the official starting point for expeditions to Denali (or Mount McKinley) as well as to Mount Foraker, the Walter Harper Talkeetna Ranger Station offers permits for mountaineers. For the rest of us, the center serves as an information hub about...
14709 S Frodo Dr, Talkeetna, AK 99676, USA
The glacier-fed waters of the Talkeetna River make a prime setting for aquatic activities like jetboat and float trips. Tour companies offer lazy float trips that take in the scenery and wildlife such as salmon, bears, eagles, moose and foxes....
13764 E 2nd St, Talkeetna, AK 99676, USA
Get a bird's-eye view of the boreal forests around the town of Talkeetna with Denali Zipline Tours. The company offers a three-hour Canopy Adventure Tour that includes nine sections and three suspension bridges with time to linger and photograph...
14373 E 2nd St, Talkeetna, AK 99676, USA
The Denali experience rises to new heights with a variety of flightseeing tours that venture near the 6,194-meter (20,322-foot) summit. Local aviation companies have several different flight packages at different price points to choose from....
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now