Take a Hike in the Alps
Sponsored by Absolutely Alps
You might assume that the Alps are one monolithic range. On a hiking tour of Switzerland, Austria, and Southern Germany, however, you’ll soon appreciate the mountains’ variety from Switzerland’s UNESCO World Heritage peaks in Jungfrau-Aletsch to the softer, slate-rich Kitzbühel Alps in Austria.
St Moritz, Switzerland
In a country full of swanky resort towns, St. Moritz takes the crown with its wide array of five-star hotels, designer stores, and award-winning restaurants. The town is also home to such exciting activities as skijoring and ice cricket, which...
82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, or GaPa if you're in the know, lies in a valley below the Wetterstein chain's dramatic Zugspitze, which at nearly 10,000 feet is the highest peak in Germany. The smaller 4,100-foot-high Eckbauer peak is known for its easier...
5700 Zell am See, Austria
83471 Berchtesgaden, Germany
A little under two hours southeast of Munich, the Bavarian town of Berchtesgaden is the gateway to the Berchtesgaden National Park, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve where red deer roam and eagles soar. A hike around the pristine Königssee glacial...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December