Taiwan: Touch Your Heart
Collected by Gretchen Wesche
One month in Taiwan in the Summer of 2009: Penghu, Changhua, Hualien, and surrounding areas.
Changhua County, Taiwan
While exploring one of Taiwan's many night markets, the francophile in me was delighted when we stumbled upon a small crepe stand among the fruit juices, stinky tofus, and other xiaochi ("small eats") available for carryout. With a bit of pink...
Penghu County, Taiwan
On one of our last mornings in Penghu (Taiwan), we woke up early to head to the coast to try to catch the sunrise. Here, my friend Natasha hopes for a glimpse of the sun, the whole morning elusive behind the clouds. Though the morning was defined...
881, Taiwan, Penghu County, Xiyu Township, 88142澎湖縣西嶼鄉池東村222號
One of the first stops we made going to the small town of Xiyu on the island of Penghu (just off of Taiwan) was to a convenience store. Consequently, one of the first photos I snapped was of this selection of drinks available. The first few days...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter