Collected by ALICIA
No. 18, Zhongbu Cross-island highway, Xiulin Township, Hualien County, Taiwan 972
These beautiful hot springs are located several kilometres into the gorge. To get there you must drive or cycle to the parking lot and then walk down a long wooden staircase built into the cliffside. At the bottom you'll find a quaint...
The Guanziling Hot Springs (關子嶺) are located in the foothills of the mountains of Taiwan, about 70 km northeast of Tainan City. These hot springs produce a fine, silty mud which is found in only three places in the world. It's said to be...
929, Taiwan, Pingtung County, Liuqiu Township, 屏東縣琉球鄉
Black Dwarf Cave (also known as Black Ghost Cave) is located on Xiao Liuchiu's west coast. It's more of a walkway through a maze of precipitous lava rock formations than a tunnel into a cliff like one normally expects of a cave. The cave has a...
Liuqiu, Liuqiu Township, Pingtung County, Taiwan 929
Xiao Liuqiu can be circumnavigated by scooter in under an hour, and although it may sound a bit pedestrian, it is a wonderful experience. Scooters can be rented at the harbor. Helmets are mandatory in Taiwan, an are always a good idea, but are...
Qijin 2nd Road, Qijin District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan 805
On our first morning in Kaohsiung we took the Cijin ferry across the harbour. A scorching hot day, we had to pause in every bit of shade, including the dappled shade under the lanterns at the Tianhou Temple. Then we had to buy hats and fans......
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna