Collected by Ben Wang
No. 221, Sec 2, Zhi Shan Rd, Shilin District, Taipei City, Taiwan 111
When the Kuomintang fled from China to Taiwan they didn't forget about their cultural roots. Before leaving the mainland, the party cherry-picked over 690,000 of the finest examples of Chinese art from the previous 8000 years. That art is now...
No. 1號, Lane 16, Section 3, Xinsheng South Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, Taiwan 106
Lots of places to drink tea in Taipei, but Wistaria is a staple - in a historic building, a pool of calm in the middle of the bustling city. Better to phone ahead if you prefer one of the seats in the tatami rooms.
No. 167-3, Gangdong Road, Wanli District, New Taipei City, Taiwan 207
Yehliu is a cape northeast of Taipei City with a geopark featuring bizarre hoodoo stones jutting up out of the smooth brown stone surface that were formed by the shearing of wind and water. It looks like the surface of an alien planet. The...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles