Tadine, Maré Highlights
Collected by Paul Sullivan, AFAR Local Expert
The Aquarium Naturel is a natural rock pool that’s sunken into the cliffs and is connected to the sea. It can be found four kilometers (2.5 miles) south of Tadine, along a scenic route that takes in coconut groves and local residences. Although it...
Mare, New Caledonia
Kanak revolutionary Yeiwene Yeiwene, one of the key names associated with Maré, was the deputy of independence leader Jean-Marie Tjibaou during the 1980s uprisings and was assassinated with him in 1989. This small museum dedicated to Kanak culture...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Holiday Travel Required Reading: 29 New Books for Every Type of Traveler
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village