Sydney's Best Events
Collected by Serena Renner, AFAR Contributor
Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Circular Quay Railway Station, Alfred St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
For a relaxing rainy morning on the harbor, there are many covered restaurants along the outer edges of Circular Quay at which you can sit and soak in the view with a cup of coffee or tea. As the day progresses, watch the Quay fill with people as...
1860 Pittwater Rd, Church Point NSW 2104, Australia
Every Christmas Eve, just an hour's north of Sydney, there is a dog race like no other in the world. The Scotland Island Dog Race, located in the tranquil waters of Pittwater, is open to beasts from all over the bay and the aim is to swim from...
Harbour St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
The largest and most storied of the Sydney Harbour islands, Cockatoo was once an Aboriginal fishing ground, a naval shipyard, a girls' reform school, and a gruesome prison. Today, it offers fascinating walking tours, a casual café, and a...
Bondi NSW 2026, Australia
Bondi to Bronte is a stunning 30-45min walk along the coast. Start early so you can park behind Icebergs (http://icebergs.com.au/). Check out the famous Icebergs pool, walk past Tamarama (a cute smaller beach) and wind up in Bronte before heading...
Elizabeth St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Colored paper lanterns and twinkling Christmas lights set the stage for the hawker-style Night Noodle Market—the centerpiece of Sydney Good Food Month, held every October. More than 50 stalls selling dumplings, noodles, buns, rolls, wraps and...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December