Sydney's Architectural Attractions
Collected by Serena Renner , AFAR Contributor
71 Clissold Rd, Wahroonga NSW 2076, Australia
About half an hour north of Sydney, right on the edge of the Ku-ring-gai National Park, you'll find this mid-century gem of Bauhaus architecture. The house was built in 1949/50 by Austrian architect Harry Seidler for his parents Rose and Max. The...
Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
251-255 Oxford St, Paddington NSW 2021, Australia
Paddington Reservoir Gardens is an award-winning garden transformed from its former life. The reservoir, a source of water for the rapidly growing population of Sydney in the 19th century, has been used in a number of ways including as a garage...
The real sailboat-shaped cultural institution in Sydney is not the Opera House, but the Australian National Maritime Museum, a soaring canvas-covered structure built high enough to house tall masts. The museum, located on Darling Harbour, the...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Travel News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 3 Air Travel Should Fliers Wear Goggles and Face Shields on a Plane?
- 4 Travel News The U.S. Has Lifted Its Global Coronavirus Travel Advisory
- 5 Travel News Cancun, Los Cabos Reopen to Tourists in June