Sydney's Architectural Attractions
Collected by Serena Renner , AFAR Contributor
71 Clissold Rd, Wahroonga NSW 2076, Australia
About half an hour north of Sydney, right on the edge of the Ku-ring-gai National Park, you'll find this mid-century gem of Bauhaus architecture. The house was built in 1949/50 by Austrian architect Harry Seidler for his parents Rose and Max. The...
Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
251-255 Oxford St, Paddington NSW 2021, Australia
Paddington Reservoir Gardens is an award-winning garden transformed from its former life. The reservoir, a source of water for the rapidly growing population of Sydney in the 19th century, has been used in a number of ways including as a garage...
The real sailboat-shaped cultural institution in Sydney is not the Opera House, but the Australian National Maritime Museum, a soaring canvas-covered structure built high enough to house tall masts. The museum, located on Darling Harbour, the...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum