Collected by Stacy Soares
Foroglio, 6690 Cevio, Switzerland
Alpine valley restaurants offer some great opportunities for intimate dining, none more so than in the Bavona Valley, where La Froda restaurant brings a new meaning to "candlelit dinner." Set in the only valley in Switzerland with no electricity,...
Place de la Gare 1, 2103 Val-de-Travers, Switzerland
The canton of Neuchâtel is delightful territory for keen walkers, the best of which is a quite spectacular natural basin (cirque). Creux-du-Van can be approached by car from the Val de Travers, a spot of wondrous beauty where Genevan philosopher...
3863 Gadmen, Switzerland
At 100 meters high and 170 meters long, the Trift Bridge, based on the three-rope Nepalese bridges, takes you over the Trift Glacier area and to a steady hiking trail. Take the Triftbahn gondola up to the trailhead of your hike to the Trift...
Furka Pass, 3999 Obergoms, Switzerland
The Furka Pass is the fourth highest in Switzerland and links the cantons of Uri and Valais. Its well-preserved winding roads coupled with stunning mountainous views make it a driver’s paradise. Various pull-over spots are situated along the pass...
Rte de la Croix-de-Coeur 28, 1918 Riddes, Switzerland
While Switzerland’s luxurious, modern cities exemplify its affluence, it’s high up in the mountains where the country’s traditions lie. To experience authentic Alpine life, travel up to La Tzoumaz in Valais and hike the senses...
Münsterbrücke, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles