Collected by Emma Cunningham
Foroglio, 6690 Cevio, Switzerland
Alpine valley restaurants offer some great opportunities for intimate dining, none more so than in the Bavona Valley, where La Froda restaurant brings a new meaning to "candlelit dinner." Set in the only valley in Switzerland with no electricity,...
Ovronnaz, 1911 Leytron, Switzerland
When the Romans arrived here in 15 b.c.e., they brought their thermal bath culture, and you can still see the ruins. But newer bains thermaux also abound. The village of Saillon has a Rivière Thermale, like a water park’s lazy river, lined with...
Place de la Gare 1, 2103 Val-de-Travers, Switzerland
The canton of Neuchâtel is delightful territory for keen walkers, the best of which is a quite spectacular natural basin (cirque). Creux-du-Van can be approached by car from the Val de Travers, a spot of wondrous beauty where Genevan philosopher...
89 Ardmore St, Wanaka 9305, New Zealand
'This will change your life.'said owner Pete as he poured my glass of Pinot Noir, one of Central Otago's top exports. A little like the experience of dining at White House, one of the area'smost loved eateries. Housed in a 1930s Art Deco building,...
114 Albert Town-Lake Hawea Rd, Albert Town 9382, New Zealand
Through icing sugar dusted mountains that line startlingly green and clear Lake Wanaka, where Mount Aspire, the highest mountain outside of the Mount Cook National Park oversees proceedings, past the Cardrona ski fields, voted the best in the...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now