Collected by Susan Appel
360°-Restaurant Piz Gloria Schilthorn, 3825 Mürren, Switzerland
Outside the Piz Gloria, a revolving restaurant atop the 9,744-foot Schilthorn that featured prominently in the 1969 James Bond film On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, workers have built a new observation deck with 360 panoramic views of the Alps....
Mürren, 3825 Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland
More so than most places, Switzerland offers serious skiers the chance to fly down unblemished mountainsides—especially in Mürren. The town is blessed with powder-packed bowls that maintain fresh snow for days after a big fall, drawing...
Wengen, 3823 Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland
The North Face, one of the most famous mountains in the world is located near the picturesque village of Wengen, Switzerland. It is one of the climbing world's Shangri La's with heroic and tragic stories of men and women climbing to glory or to...
- 1 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States