Collected by Mark M
Foroglio, 6690 Cevio, Switzerland
Alpine valley restaurants offer some great opportunities for intimate dining, none more so than in the Bavona Valley, where La Froda restaurant brings a new meaning to "candlelit dinner." Set in the only valley in Switzerland with no electricity,...
1946 Bourg-Saint-Pierre, Switzerland
Up until 2004, Switzerland’s iconic furry friends—St. Bernard dogs—were bred at this monastery and hospice. While the canines have been relocated, the Great St. Bernard Hospice, which sits on a barren, treeless plane at 8,100...
Place de la Gare 1, 2103 Val-de-Travers, Switzerland
The canton of Neuchâtel is delightful territory for keen walkers, the best of which is a quite spectacular natural basin (cirque). Creux-du-Van can be approached by car from the Val de Travers, a spot of wondrous beauty where Genevan philosopher...
Route des Coudres 200, 1298 Céligny, Switzerland
The forest at Bogis-Bossey, just south of Nyon, is perfect when it snows. The well-manicured forest floor is easy to trudge through, even with a heavy snowfall fresh and deep under your feet. But if it weren't this exact forest, it really wouldn't...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun