Collected by Reid Ritschard
Niesen, 3711 Reichenbach im Kandertal, Switzerland
I've been to my family's ancestral home in Unterseen, Switzerland, many times over the years, but never in autumn. Last year I spent several weeks there from late September to late October. One morning towards the end of my stay, as I gazed out...
Waldegg, 3803 Beatenberg, Switzerland
Our friends were supposed to fly home to the States on a Thursday last October but due to increased security threats, their flights were overbooked. We took advantage of the clear day and the extra time with them to drive up to Waldegg and...
55491 Niederweiler, Germany
Since my parents had been on staff at Black Forest Academy many years ago, my dad wanted to show our friends around a bit since we had the convenience of a rental car this time around. My mom passed away a little over two years ago, so taking our...
- 1TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2History + CulturePortugal’s Exquisite Historic Lodgings Offer a Window to the Past
- 3Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 4Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 5Exceptional Travel ExperiencesThe True Magic of Machu Picchu Isn’t Where You Think It Is