Collected by Charles T. Tate II
In Elmau 2, 82493 Krün, Germany
It’s easy to see Sound of Music parallels at the Schloss Elmau, a sprawling temple of wellness and culture (Turkish baths! Piano concerts! Grassy hills made for yodeling!) surrounded by mountain peaks. This appeared in the August/September 2014...
Obermarkt 1, 82481 Mittenwald, Germany
The antique furniture is as sturdy as the plates of sausage and cheese served by lederhosen-clad waiters at Hotel Alpenrose, a frescoed inn on the main Obermarkt plaza. This appeared in the August/September 2014 issue.
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village