Sweet on Spain
Collected by Donna Tabbert Long
Av. l'Orxata, 41, 46120 Alboraia, Valencia, Spain
Bordering Valencia, Alboraya (Spanish) or Alboraia (Valencian) is the town where you’ll find some of the best tasting horchata—the traditional Spanish cold drink made from chufas (tiger nuts), sugar, and water. In fact, while driving to this...
Plaça de Santa Caterina, 6, 46001 València, Valencia, Spain
Spanish churros and hot chocolate get all the press in Spain, but in Valencia it’s all about horchata and fartons. Horchaterias abound in this Spanish region where the refreshing milky semi-sweet drink is made from chufa (aka tigernuts), water and...
Fermin Calbeton Kalea, 27, 20003 Donostia, Gipuzkoa, Spain
In my mind, the best way to get the lay of the land in a new city is always a culinary walking tour. In San Sebastian, Spain, Gabriella Ranelli (Tenedor Tours) offers all sorts of delicious options. I loved the half-day tour I took which included...
Plaza San Mateo, 1, 10003 Cáceres, Spain
Even if you can't afford to stay at their Relais & Chateaux hotel in the Spanish Extremaduran town of Cáceres, food loving visitors should not miss eating at the hotel's chef-owners Toño and José's two-Michelin starred Restaurante Atrio there....
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys