Sweet Home Chicago
Collected by Austin DeWalt
Old Town, Chicago, IL, USA
Located a short train ride from the Loop, this wrought-iron doorway marks the entrance to Chicago’s Old Town. You'll find plentiful shopping and restaurant options in the neighborhood, as well as St. Michael’s Church, one of the city's oldest...
700 S Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60605, USA
Buddy Guy’s Legends is a legendary blues bar in Chicago and Buddy Guy himself is still alive, making music and appearances on his own stage. Legends has been open since 1989 and the stage has seen the eclectic likes of Eric Clapton, Keith...
565 W Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60661, USA
Lou Mitchell’s diner has been open in the same location since 1923; so long, in fact, that diner patrons witnessed the heyday of Route 66, which started right here next to Union Station. The Chicago city council renamed Jackson Street “Lou...
1700 W Division St, Chicago, IL 60622, USA
Chef Mark Steuer is southern enough to know that brunch should be eaten on the patio and northern enough to know that his Chicago guests will need blankets. In the same blended way, his Carriage House menu offers southern food with northern twists...
1137 W Argyle St, Chicago, IL 60640, USA
I'm a huge fan of Pho soups but I'm picky too—I want a rich broth with light springy noodles and slivers of meat, a contrast of textures and tastes. Pho 888 is not only reasonably priced but offers up some of the best Pho I've had in North...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now