Sweden Trip-Summer 2015
Collected by Demian Kuhlen
Södermalm, Stockholm, Sweden
Södermalm is a beautiful area right on the water, connected to the surrounding mainland by bridges. It’s one of the most popular areas of Stockholm, with tons of history, where you can find the most bars and restaurants in town. If you happen to...
Stora Gråmunkegränd 7, 111 27 Stockholm, Sweden
Head into Stockholm’s historic old-town Gamla stan to find this cozy little dive, which spotlights live bands every day. Stomp your feet to American blues, sway to jazz music, and twist to Dixie-style swing music and 1950s to 1970s rock-n-roll...
Nybrokajen, Stockholm, Sweden
Ferries such as Strömma Kanalbolaget and Waxholmsbolaget regularly shuttle travelers around some of Stockholm's 28,000 archipelago islands. Stromma’s 1931 steamboat SS Stockholm has a brunch cruise that runs every weekend. It's a three-hour...
Zinkens Väg, 118 42 Stockholm, Sweden
Every other block in Stockholm seems to have a bakery or a coffee shop that also sells pastries. Swedes seem to love their pastries almost as much as the French. Since it's almost impossible to avoid the bakeries in Stockholm, I simply gave in and...
Sergels torg, 111 57 Stockholm, Sweden
Stockholm Kulturfestival offers a mix of music, theater, and other artistry connected to culture—from jazz acts and rock bands to African beats—and you may run into the occasional bleeding zombie walking by as part of the city’s Zombie Walk....
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles