Collected by Katy Grime
BRAHEHUS 1, 563 91 Gränna, Sweden
Spontaneous road trips have always been a favorite form of getaway, so when the opportunity arose in Sweden I jumped at the chance. With a local friend as our guide, we made pit stops that would rival most destinations back home. Stopping at the...
Skabram 201, 962 99 Jokkmokk, Sweden
Swedish wilderness tour guides Matti Holmgrem and Stina Svensson of Jokkmokkguiderna often spend days on end camping out and sledding through the spectacular mountain regions of Padjelanta and Sarek National Parks in Laponia with their 38 Siberian...
Stora Nygatan 44, 111 27 Stockholm, Sweden
This shop, in the heart of the Old Town of Stockholm, sells nothing but old-fashioned candy canes and hard candies in all sorts of different flavors—from classic peppermint to blueberry, wild strawberry, licorice, cloudberry, and more. These are...
Gamla stan, Södermalm, Stockholm, Sweden
A picturesque mid-December afternoon along the Stockholm waterfront as the sun sets in the background. Despite the early darkness, Stockholm was bright and energetic all hours of the day. The air was festive with Christmas celebrations and...
Södergatan 20, 195 47 Märsta, Sweden
The view over Stockholm– a city of little islands and nordic towers –is stunning but a good vantage point is hard to find. So take a tip from me and visit the Katarina Elevator. While the elevator is no longer in service, a quick walk up the...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico