Collected by Suzani McPherson
Suzani McPherson′s Wishlist
Plaza de la Independencia, 7, 28001 Madrid, Spain
Don't miss Parque del Retiro—a stunning area complete with a lake, playgrounds, gardens, and fountains. It's the perfect public space where anyone can enjoy the day by taking a walk, playing a game, going on a boat ride, or exploring to your...
Paseo República de Cuba, 4, 28009 Madrid, Spain
Calle del Ave María, 43, 28012 Madrid, Spain
Off the square in Lavapies is the unassuming front of Viva Chapata; this place does not look like your typical vegan hangout, nor is it for vegetarians only! Once inside, the secrets come flowing off the walls: papers with handwritten specials...
28012 Madrid, Spain
For local, authentic dining paired with a tour of the city's hidden gems take a cooking workshop from Rafaela. While just a tourist in Spain, I had no idea how much of a local I would feel like after touring and dining with her. The evening began...
Calle de Santa Isabel, 3, 28012 Madrid, Spain
Since 1923, Cine Doré has been adored by Spanish patrons and, following its restoration in the 1980s, it has become an even bigger part of the local community. The Spanish Film Library has revitalized this classic theater, making it into an...
Calle Cañizares, 10, 28012 Madrid, Spain
On a quiet evening in Madrid, on the Calle de los Cañizares, an intimate crowd of about fifty people waits in anticipation. The room is dim except for the lights that illuminate a small stage in the corner. Suddenly, a man lets out a long wail,...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December