Collected by John Galante , AFAR Staff
Ketchum, ID, USA
Some 200,000 Christmas lights are used to decorate Sun Valley each holiday season. Another way to put that in perspective is that there are roughly 200 lights for each resident. A lot of effort goes into creating the twinkling postcard-perfect...
1 Sun Valley Rd, Sun Valley, ID 83353, USA
While skiers may think first of the downhill runs at Bald Mountain and Dollar Mountain when they hear Sun Valley, there are also 200 kilometers (or roughly 120 miles) of immaculately groomed Nordic trails throughout the valley. Home to a...
2 Sun Valley Rd, Sun Valley, ID 83353, USA
The vertical drop at Sun Valley’s Bald Mountain is 3,400 vertical feet, one of the greatest among American resorts (with longest high speed lift on the continent connecting the base to the summit in one shot). If that number is hard to wrap your...
520 Serenade Ln, Ketchum, ID 83340, USA
Sometimes half the fun of a day on the mountain is the après scene, and Sun Valley has an abundance of bars, breweries, and restaurants where you can meet both locals and fellow visitors. Check out the celebrated Bloody Mary at River Run Lodge or...
191 5th St E, Ketchum, ID 83340, USA
While Sun Valley is better known as a destination for skiers and fly-fishermen, it is also the home of a thriving arts community. The anchor of the area’s cultural scene is the Sun Valley Center for the Arts and its theater troup, Company of...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May