Collected by Dorothy Whalen
Jaibalito, Lake Atitlán, Guatemala
These two brothers were the life of the party at La Casa del Mundo. One minute they were lying with each other sweetly, the next they were clawing at each other and rolling around meowing. A true sibling relationship! There was a great swinging...
7 Avenue 2-12 Zona 2, San Pedro La Laguna 07018, Guatemala
This amazing oasis is located between the 2 docks of San Pedro La Laguna and is right among all the bars and restaurants. Rooms 1,2 & 3 offer amazing lakeside views with hammocks in beautifully landscaped gardens. A bargain at $40 a night.
Lakeside Footpath, San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala
If you can make it out of your hammock, walk the path around Lake Atitlan for some spectacular views. While it takes several days to walk around the entire lake, if you just want a short jaunt start in Santa Cruz and make your way to Casa del...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights