Collected by Dorothy Whalen
Jaibalito, Lake Atitlán, Guatemala
These two brothers were the life of the party at La Casa del Mundo. One minute they were lying with each other sweetly, the next they were clawing at each other and rolling around meowing. A true sibling relationship! There was a great swinging...
7 Avenue 2-12 Zona 2, San Pedro La Laguna 07018, Guatemala
This amazing oasis is located between the 2 docks of San Pedro La Laguna and is right among all the bars and restaurants. Rooms 1,2 & 3 offer amazing lakeside views with hammocks in beautifully landscaped gardens. A bargain at $40 a night.
Lakeside Footpath, San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala
If you can make it out of your hammock, walk the path around Lake Atitlan for some spectacular views. While it takes several days to walk around the entire lake, if you just want a short jaunt start in Santa Cruz and make your way to Casa del...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys