Collected by Dorothy Whalen
Jaibalito, Lake Atitlán, Guatemala
These two brothers were the life of the party at La Casa del Mundo. One minute they were lying with each other sweetly, the next they were clawing at each other and rolling around meowing. A true sibling relationship! There was a great swinging...
7 Avenue 2-12 Zona 2, San Pedro La Laguna 07018, Guatemala
This amazing oasis is located between the 2 docks of San Pedro La Laguna and is right among all the bars and restaurants. Rooms 1,2 & 3 offer amazing lakeside views with hammocks in beautifully landscaped gardens. A bargain at $40 a night.
Lakeside Footpath, San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala
If you can make it out of your hammock, walk the path around Lake Atitlan for some spectacular views. While it takes several days to walk around the entire lake, if you just want a short jaunt start in Santa Cruz and make your way to Casa del...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign