Summer fun in Switzerland
Collected by Adriana Yampey , AFAR Local Expert
3863 Gadmen, Switzerland
The Trift Bridge is the longest pedestrian-only suspension bridge in the Swiss Alps, spanning 170 meters (560 ft) at a height of 100 meters (330 ft) but when we got to it somehow it looked longer and higher. As afraid as I was I did not hike all...
Aareschlucht, 3860 Meiringen, Switzerland
While in Switzerland, we found Aareschlucht or the Aare Gorge by mistake. We were going to see something else and saw people stopping here so we did too and how glad we were that we did. Over thousands of years, the Aare River eroded a path...
The Jungfrau is one of the main summits of the Bernese Alps, located between the southern canton of Bern and the northern canton of Valais, halfway between Interlaken and Fiesch. It's the perfect place for the quintessential Swiss experience. The...
Lake Lungern, 6078 Lungern, Switzerland
We spent a weekend in the gorgeous Swiss Alps. "Toblerone" mountains, cow bells, glacial rivers and lakes, hiking and zip lining. A lot of fun packed in 2 days. Simply driving you get amazing views like the view of the Lungern Lake. Traveling to ...
- 1 Tips + News European Countries Agree on New COVID-19 Travel Guidelines
- 2 Tips + News You Can Now Travel to Hawaii Without a Quarantine—Here’s What You Need to Know
- 3 Road Trips Art Stars, High-Altitude Wines, and a Remote National Park: The Ultimate Colorado Road Trip
- 4 Tips + News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 5 Tips + News Can Americans Visit Mexico Right Now?