Collected by Karolina Pormanczuk
Polska -> Slovenia -> Croatia
Chef Ana Ros’s parents run this simple but elegant resort that comprises four wood-sided cabins with fireplaces and alpine views. The hills are alive with opportunities for exploring the Soca Valley. Livek 39, Kobarid, 386/(0) 5-384-4620 This...
Robidišče, 5223 Breginj, Slovenia
Become a co-creator of culinary delights. Put an apron on! Pavla will lead us to the mill where we will grind grain into flour (buckwheat, wheat, spelled, corn). You will see, it is quite a tough job. After that we will prepare dough from flour,...
One of the most important boxes I tick when traveling is my ability to get my miles in. I love to run, particularly in places I am trying to discover more about. It gets me out in the culture, I cover more ground than on a walk, and I look more...
Miklošičeva cesta 19, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Chef Janez Bratovz applies modern techniques to farm-fresh ingredients and riffs on Slovenian culinary traditions. The formal setting is balanced by the warm hospitality of a family operation (Bratovz’s wife is the manager, his daughter the...
Crijevićeva ul. 9, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Climb the grand baroque staircase and pass the Jesuit church, cross Gundulić Square, and follow the COLD DRINKS WITH THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VIEW signs. Then, yes, walk through the walls. Buža translates to “a hole-in-the-wall,” and a...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos